Re: [AMC-List] speedo problem, steering wheel help

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM wrote:

> Looks like you have a defective speedo head -- has to be stuck inside to
> go to 120 right away. You might be able to pull it all apart and clean
> it, but I'd look for another unit.

I dunno... if the inner cable at the head end wsa binding,
the trans end would twist it up a bit until the bind let go,
and would have enough energy to fling the pointer TINK TINK
TINK TINK ...

I'd do what others here said, pull the center out an inch or
two, rotate it, reinsert, to make sure the square is really in
the drive.