[AMC-List] Re; AMC vs Ford engine weight.

[AMC-List] Re; AMC vs Ford engine weight.

List,

Snip
I saw the post of the weight comparisons between a
302-304. The 302 may well be lighter but not by half.
Snip

The internet has the really amazing capabilities called
search engines. I have noticed that they weigh far less
than an AMC V8, but if you use one it will come up
with the following URL.

http://www.241computers.com/ford/ContentExpress20-30-38.html

If you read the table at that site it lists the AMC v8
at 540 lbs and the Ford 302 at 450/460 lbs. Which
sounds about right.
 At about ½ the weight of an AMC is--------the winna!
1098cc      253    Midget/Sprite
Which would probably fit nice in an early Rambler
and improve the handling too!
And surprise, it was used in an early Rambler, the
Metropolitan.
John