[AMC-List] bouncy bouncy

No not Pamela's or Anna's, my speedometer needle !!

It bounces under and past the speed the car is actually traveling until the
car reaches about
30mph. From that point on it's very stable. I have a new speedo cable
installed, I believe it
to be properly lubricated. Got any ideas what happened ??? I know it didn't
use to do this.
I wonder if I damaged the instrument when I inserted the drive cable into
the speedo?? Is
that possible??

Help,

Armand