Re: [AMC-List] Bumper Boyz

I can answer your question on the Bumper Boyz chrome for AMCs as I used
there chrome bumper front and rear on my 1969 Javelin restoration. They
were not cheap. It was about $700 for the front and rear bumpers. The good
thing is they have a good list of AMC bumpers ready to go. They are at all
the major shows and do good work. My only complaint would be it cost me
almost as much to ship them my old cores back to them as I got in credit
for them. I believe it was a little over $100 to UPS the my old cores back
to them. I got about $75 a piece for my old cores I sent them so I only got
back about $50  credit for my old cores credit. But on the other hand I
made sure to send them my rusty and bent old bumpers. I know they will
rechrome and straighten them , but figured they were only giving $50 or so
for my old cores so I gave them the worst I had. I kept my good extra
cores. There is an outfit in Dubuque , Iowa that advertises in old cars
weekly that also suppose to be good, but I found out that the Dubuque
outfit can take as long as six months to get your specific parts back to
you. The bumper boyz had stuff in stock and so I went for quick and good
and people I could talk to at the various big swap meets directly.
And I'll add with out any prejudice intended that the Bumper Boyz who are
largely SoCal Mexicans do seem to really know there chrome. The bumpers
look good  and I've had people tell me they look good. I could probably got
cheaper else where , but I was trying to get the car done and so went for I
can get this next week or so as opposed to waiting for some one to do my
old bumpers and give them back to me. There was basically no one in my old
home town of Peoria Illinois who did good car chrome work and like I said
the bumper boyz had enough AMC chrome on the shelf from old cores they
could ship out right away, quickly . I probably paid extra for the speed at
the time.
But I was interest in getting it done asap and I did.
LRDaum

Re: [AMC-List] Bumper Boyz