[AMC-List] "Matchbox" style AMCs at Menards

[AMC-List] "Matchbox" style AMCs at Menards

I stopped in at a Menards on the south side of Chicago yesterday (the one at the Dan Ryan and Sibley, if you're in the area) and was pleasantly surprized to find that they had a lot of AMC Matchbox type cars in their car-toy aisle.  All were '74 Gremlins, available in blue only, and '76 Pacers, only in orange.  I bought several of each as they were only $1.99.  I suspect other Menards might carry them as well.

The other cars were Pinto and Maverick.  Maybe they just sold out of all of the more popular ones; that's okay by me: I like all of the models that they have left!

I have taken to making Christmas tree decorations from cars - just drill a small one in the roof, and you're ready to add a hook and hang.  Spark plugs also make a nifty Xmas tree decoration - again, just add a hook.

Justin