From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] speaking of carburetors
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"    All in all, last night was both exciting and productive!
Sadly, we found
" out an XJ diff was 2" wider than an '82 Spirit, but he'll be
able to rob the
" brake parts along with backing plates to "upgrade" the rear
brakes to 10".

warning!  afaik the housing ends are not the same.  the early
d35 has
amc20 housing flanges, the c-clip d35 has mopar pattern housing
flanges.  neither are like the amc15.  i don't think the backing
plates will work without redrilling the attachment holes.

" Maybe we can have the XJ D35 axle shortened and resplined to
fit the Model
" 15?

now that's a thought.  there's supposed to be a bearing/seal
changeover kit for fitting d35 axles into early-xj amc15hd
housings...
internet rambler                            is to see what all
have seen
adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       and think what none
thought