Re: [AMC-List] Duraspark distributor woes (258 six)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Funny that the discussion when this direction.  This is exactly
> what I did with the plugs on my Ram's V10.  I switched to the
> long-nose plug design used in Vipers and there was a difference.
> In reading up on this on Ram Owner's Forums, the theory was
> that moving the point of initial combustion closer to the top
> of the cylinder had an effect similar to advancing the timing.
> I'm was pleased with the results.

That would explain why the Renix plug works better in an HO stroker too
-- the timing needs to be set back a little due to the increase in
compression. Amazing how such a small detail can make a big difference!
Tom, the R9 plugs might be to cold when the tip is retracted as well!!
Hope not, but at least sparkers aren't to expensive to experiment a
little.