Re: [AMC-List] Mustang front end

" From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Dave; AMC "borrowed" a lot of the front end ideas from
" Fomoco when they went away from trunnions in 1970. The
" biggest diff would be in placing the spring high on
" the top arm. I would cut out the whole shock tower
" assy from a 70s and up Rebel or Hornet donor and fool
" around with that, see if your 62 matchs up pretty good.
" We did that to a 68 Jav with a 72 donor Humpster some
" years ago and when I lost contact with the guy it was
" complete and just awaiting small finishing touchs....Russ

this is essentially what the factory did with the '70 jav and amx.
i've often wondered if it would work with a '64-9 american.  sure
seems like it ought to...