[AMC-List] new member; new to AMC, have a '61 Rambler Wagon

[AMC-List] new member; new to AMC, have a '61 Rambler Wagon

Hello all,
I've recently acquired my first AMC car;  a '61 Rambler Wagon Deluxe.
Here's some pics:  http://www.indianachevelles.com/pellwagon.html

It has the aluminum overhead valve 6 cyl and  OD 3sp manual trans. I
even have the original bill of sale with the car.

My plan is to spend some time on it over the winter months to get it
roadworthy.    First thing I need is some tires.
Can anyone tell me what tire size I need to purchase (ie 185/70/R15
??).  The tires are supposed to be 15"x6", and I want to get as close to
the original height as possible.

Thank you,
Mike

  I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, Than live my
  life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is. -Blaise Pascal

  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
  Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold),  ACES member #1377
  Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6