Re: [AMC-List] Fact

" From: "Mahoney, John" <jmahoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" >>
" I saw one of those Navistar monster pickup trucks
" on TV. I believe it belonged to Jay Leno.
" <<
"
" []
"
" His Warner lot/Burbank FD '41 American LaFrance 600 is a big enough
" truck; moreover, its 754ci V-12 is bigger than a CXT 466ci diesel

didn't that lafrance v12 come from auburn?  iirc it was acquired when
auburn went under.

" Zephyr's V-12 was only a plus-four Ford V-8 flathead...
" --- and nearly as big as the 2003 Cadillac Sixteen Concept Car's 829ci

it was?!?  iirc the -original- zephyr v12 topped out at 305 cubes in
its biggest version.  and 'ford' is right - the chassis was ford all
the way, only stretched from 112" wb to 118".

" If 265/40s on 24s aren't enough big bling, drive an EMD: AT&SF F7.
"
" http://www.sdrm.org/roster/diesel/emd/history/sf-347.jpg

bling, heck!  if it has to be an emd, i'd rather have a burlington e5a,
all stainless to match the passenger cars
http://www.irm.org/cgi-bin/image.pl?conf=img800&img=/gallery/albums/petep-diesel/adw.jpg
http://www.irm.org/cgi-bin/image.pl?width=300&img=/pictures/300/9911cbq01.jpg
http://www.irm.org/railwire/rw153-1.jpg
[none of which really do it justice]
or a rock island lwt12
http://www.sd45.com/rockisland/images/ri0002.jpg

btw, the lwt12 was the motive power for a lightweight 'talgo' train.
talgos didn't fare well over here, but i was in geneva switzerland
'71-2 - right by the tracks - and the -only- diesel was the daily
talgo express to barcelona, a very distinctive sound with its one axle
per car [each car hung on its predecessor like a trailer].