Re: [AMC-List] OVERDRIVE OPTIONS

" From: "Andy&Tonja&Phoebe Ray" <raysinvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I just installed a T-96 OD TT from a 63 Classic into my 64 American NON-TT.
" I used the same drive shaft. All you have to do is swap the tail shaft
" housings. Same rear seal, same spline, total no-brainer. I am told that the
" T-14 OD is exactly the same length overall as the T-96 OD. Go to the AMC
" forum.NET and look through the Transmission postings for this swap. I think
" there may be a T-14 OD in Colorado. More than one person replied saying
" there was one available. This is your easiest swap. Don't buy a T-96.
" They're crap. I just put my 4th one in 12 months. Let us know how you make
" out!

all good things to know!  but one additional point - the non-od t14 is
~2" shorter than the t96 or [i believe] the od setups.  but there must
be plenty of '67-9 american owners out there [199s mostly, early 232s]
who'd love to trade their t96 setup for a non-od t14, and their
driveshaft would be the right length for your new od setup.