[AMC-List] Overdrive Options?

I am hoping someone on the list has personal experience
with installing an overdrive on an AMC 3-speed car.

The tranny in my newly-acquired (from Mike Kindle in
LA) '69 American SW is going to need some work.

While at it, I thought would be great opportunity to install
either (a) a transmission with a built-in OD, or (b) add
the Laycock unit to the T-14 in the car, or to the 150-T
that the FAQ lists as a good substitute.

I want to keep the column shift and to keep the car as
original as possible, but would like the quiet and economy
of an overdrive.

Informed suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay Honeycutt