Re: [AMC-List] 51 ambassadors & trucks

On the trucks, some consider off roading jumping a curb or they install a
gravel driveway, wooo.....

On the 51 Nash, here is Lois Lane from the Superman series in the P. K.
Williams showroom on Congress street in Austin Texas, check out the sleds
across the street also:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/51_ramb_conv.JPG

this is the whole file should anyone want to buy photos in a shameless plug:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/amcpressphotos.htm

Ambassadors. These were AMC's top of the line vehicles. Great cars if you
have ever had the pleasure of owning one. I'm fond of the 67-73 type. This
is a 69 SST I have for sale, $975.
http://epage.com/js/mi/c0/1853577.html
Would make someone a good daily driver. Classic AMC color combination with
Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder working the Kenosha line...Pompeii Yellow
exterior and Green interior! Ironically enough I have owned about a dozen
AMC's in yellow & green. What is neat about this 69 is it cranks up smooth,
diles smootha nd you can go over speed bumps and road humps and just as
quiet as a new car. Really good suspensions on the Ambassadors. The other is
my 72 SST wagon,
http://epage.com/js/mi/n0/1392356.html
 yup, filled with car seats, maybe a Sonic bag. I guarantee you of the 5.5
million vehicles or so in the Houston metro this is the only Ambassador
wagon that sees daily use. Gets a lot of attention also, people are
constantly asking who made it as there is only one tiny 'American Motors'
emblem on back. Most have either never heard of a Ambassador much less AMC.

The blue one strikingly resembles the only car my mom, who passed away in
1988 (and Oct 22 is here birthday; would have been 80) ever owned. It was a
blue 72 Ambassador Brougham wagon.
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/images/dadadmireshisnew70rebel_jpg.jpg
not sure that link will stick, but it is in PHOTO GALLERIES on my site, then
press 'amx photo gallery' and it is fifth photo down, first row. That is one
of only two photos I have of it. And my dad, who died last year at 79 is
standing in front of it, and the 70 Chinese Embassy Rebel I bought from the
nest of spies here in Houston in early 90s, and gave this to him. I took off
the little commie flags on the front fenders however. That wagon of mom's
she only got to drive a few times, and that was back and forth up and down
Antelope street, maybe a couple of blocks. Hell I was a better driver at 9
years old in our Rambler wagon than she was, but she never leanred how to
drive.

Hopefully some of ya'll will discover how far ahead of their time the
Ambassador Series was...and still is. And many of the body styles are
timeless. Happy motoring

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825