[AMC-List] pulling an axle

Johnny; every axle I have pulled I remove the four
bolts as you know, then the the big ol yoke inside the
axle. It will take a 3/4 inch socket I believe. There
are two bolts and they are not very hard to remove.
You will see them once you remove the inspection
cover. On an older car you should be able to just yank
the axle out. On some I have had to reverse an old hub
and use it like a slide hammer, twist on five lug nuts
about three threads each and slide hammer away. I have
never had to resort to anything more heavy than that
and I have pulled many an axle......Russ