Re: [AMC-List] SX/4 in salvage

" From: Justin Shelton <hydeparker@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I stopped in at the South Side Salvage in South Bend, IN
"
" []
"
" Here's something weird about that yard: when I went to pay for a door
" handle I pulled, there was a sign up that said something like "As of
" January 1, 2006, we can no longer let customers purchase gas tanks or
" fuel pumps."  Is this weird, or what?  I know that it is illegal to
" sell a used cat converter off a car, but I'd never heard anything
" about fuel tanks and pumps.  Maybe it's their own policy and not
" state law.  Odd.

dunno about in, but gasoline is a hazardous waste in this state so the
first thing most yards do here is yank and crush the tanks - even on
driveable cars.