Re: [AMC-List] Half a v-8

" From: "Widiker, John D" <john.widiker@xxxxxxx>
"
" []
" Seeing them next to each other was always a hoot. The 4 cyl was quite
" literally as if someone had just lopped off 1 bank and changed as little
" as possible otherwise. It had some seriously weird castings and I loved
" looking at that thing. It's on my list of engines I love and will play
" with again at some point.
"
" []
"
" Pontiac common blocks: 326, 350, 389, 400, 421, 428, 455
" (301 is the only oddball and universally viewed as a boat anchor)

true of olds too: 330, 350, 403 low deck; 400, 425, 455 high deck.
pin size and height is the same for all but 455s, so theoretically if
the cylinders were thick enough you could overbore a 425 for 403 slugs
and get a 475 without even going oversize.

after seeing a cute '63 skylark at a car show last time i visited my
aunt and uncle i've been thinking...  graft '65-9 corvair full irs
[might be just a clever sheetmetal surgery], swap in injected rover
4.4 for original 215, back it with t5...