Re: [AMC-List] AMC Hot Rod-Mid engine

A: AFAIK, the 215 shared bellhousing pattern with the nailhead. (Landrover
has them up to 4.0L now) My aunt had the earlier version (I think it was a
201? Aluminum block Buick V8) that rotted through the freeze plugs behind
the timing chain. I watched her change them when I was @ 8 years old. She
was driving until they took her license away at age 85 due to alzheimers
(she drove fine, but couldn't remember where she was going)
   I'll be seeing the old bird on monday when we check out another bird in
Canada. (If my cousin hasn't sold her Skylark, I may get a peek at the bell.
We had to disable the car so she wouldn't drive it. Only way I could foil
her formidable mechanical skills still was to cut the wire to the condenser
so it looked like it was still hooked up) She retired years ago as a 4th
grade teacher and aside from a healthy belief in a higher power and living
the good life, she always said "If you think you can or you think you can't,
you're right".

From: "Swygert, Francis G MSgt 436 CES/CECM"
	<Francis.Swygert3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] AMC Hot Rod-Mid engine
To: <markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thursday, October 5, 2006 12:03 PM
From: markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Now this would be interesting to research!
I have the Nailhead adapter setup for a 327. If it would turn
out
Rangerover
went to any of the overdrive trans in a nailhead pattern! I
could then
maybe
adapt a overdrive to a Gen I engine! Cool!
  NAW! Can't be that easy!
------------------

Hmmm... the Rover V-8 is the old Buick 215 aluminum V-8. I don't
know
what pattern it used, the B-O-P or SBC. It could have the
nailhead
pattern, but I doubt it. I've never seen one of those out of a
vehicle
though. You might ask on some Range Rover boards what pattern is
still
used, and what transmissions. Might be Borg-Warner model 65 s or
Aisin-Warner derivatives. Could even be an HD version of the
AW-4 as
used behind the Lexus V-8 (in fact that's very likely!).