[AMC-List] 1974 Javelin AMX sold for $37,400

[AMC-List] 1974 Javelin AMX sold for $37,400

In Hemmings Muscles Machines auction section, it tells the story of a 1974
Javelin AMX, 401 4-speed, that recently sold for $37,400 at Russo and
Steele's Monterey auction.  I hope no one on the list actually paid that,
but what I find interesting is that the article says that Russo and Steele
portrayed that of the 4,9XX Javelin AMX's produced in 1974, less that 25 of
them were delivered with the 401, 4-speed combination.

Would someone please verify that this is false?  Anyone know how many were
actually produced with the 401 4-speed?

I am thinking they abbreviated the description for the article, and that
maybe less than 25 were produced with the drive train, color, options, etc,
that I might believe.