Re: [AMC-List] rambler hot rod

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
" "
" " []
" "
" " I really want a mid-engine car, but Hallibrand transaxles are
" " out of my range, but I think I've come up with a scheme for a
" " rear engine, front drive car, using a jeep or eagle front axle.
"
" wasn't there a relatively-recent corvette that had a transaxle?  they
" oughta be showing up in junkyards...

found it!  the '97-'04 c5...  pic of the transaxle going into a camaro
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/davidesenia/CorvetteSuspensionSwap.jpg
it's apparently a warner t56 coupled to a d44.  there are aftermkt
diff housings...