Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:53:08 -0400
From: Matthew Gracie <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] Intake manifold installation.
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm trying to install an Edelbrock Performer intake on
a 360. The car
is
a 1977 Matador Coupe.

I've got the old intake and everything off, and the
regular intake
gaskets are affixed to the heads. The problem I'm
having is that I
can't
get the valley pan to line up properly in between the
gaskets and the
new manifold; it slides around every time I get the
manifold on top of
the engine.

Is there some trick to this that I'm missing? Do I
still need the
valley
pan, even with the regular gaskets in place? Could
someone who's done
this offer me a little guidance?

--Matt