[AMC-List] A Free UpState Spirit

From: "walt" <amc4me@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] 82 Spirit tranny?

Hello All.I just looked at a 82 Spirit that was given to me.

I was just
going to strip it for the brakes,and sell off the rest.

She gave it to me cause someone supposedly put the clutch in
backwards.

Well after looking it over i find it has a 5 speed standard,YEE HA,i
think.What trans is this?

It says T-5,on the window sticker?

My friend wanted the clutch setup,and
tranny before,when we thought it was a 4 speed.Mabie i should keep it
if it's a 5 speed. Thanks for all your input,as too what it is.
 Walter
Upstate N.Y.

===       ===

If the car is in otherwise good shape - why rip it up unless for
some small cash ?

Fix the clutch, throw some wax on the car & enjoy > sell whole.

We've reached 'That Time' when the AMCs in the yards have been
crushed > ie <  AMC in salvage yards are now a thing of the past.

Cars left in decent shape - repairable - should have every effort
to be left intact - there are shatboxes with rust to part out once
they quit running.

Your friend just missed an AX-15 for $50.00 off the NAXJ.ORG site.
I posted to the amc-list > doubt anyone bother'd.

Friend wants a 4x4 AX-15 ? > go to www.naxj.org < post a wanted -
won't take long or much .

I'd leave the car intact - straighten out the clutch or pass the car
to someone to restore > for some cash........... of course ! ;)

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe