Re: [AMC-List] Eagle Premier

A: The engine was sold to Mitsubishi/Hyundai and they fixed the probs with
it. Motor came back in the Hyundai Sonata and another redesign made it into
the Dodge Caravan 3.0L engines.

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Eagle Premier
To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: "John Elle" <johnelle@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Rhet
" The Eagle Premier was also sold as the Dodge Monoco before it
finally
" died off. The engine was also used by Volvo and I believe
Citroen.

peugeot and renault.  it was known as the 'prv' engine.  trivia:
it's
a 90* v6 because it was originally designed in the late '60s as
a v8,
but as production approached the first gas crisis hit and a
quick
modification ensued.  afaik the original v8 version was never
made.

as i said in another posting, i've heard that prv sold the
engine to
hyundai and that korean quality is higher.

" I would imagine that there is absolutely no capability of
installing a
" 4.0 in the thing as it is a front wheel drive automobile so
room even
" with the fact that it is a North South installation space is
certainly
" going to be a premium.

i'd agree.  this car has little in common with other amcs, much
more
with other renaults.  with enough money you can do anything, but
this
would be a substantial re-engineering of the drivetrain and
probably
chassis.