Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 8, Issue 35

Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 8, Issue 35

" From: "Keleigh Hardie" <keleigh3000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" The hardest time I had was relocating the CPS. If you use a Jeep trans or
" bellhousing, you won't have to do this. I kept the TorqueFlyte, and ended up
" using a kit from Hesco to move the CPS to the front pulley.

a couple of years ago, wranglers finally got a 4sp auto.  but before
that, whether hydraulic or electronic controlled, they had a 3sp tf
just like the eagle's.  if your eagle has an auto that should move
wranglers to the top of your donor list.

wranglers also have a centered radiator fan, like the eagle but unlike
the cherokee.

" The axles have been fine. The rear is getting a bit noisy, but there are
" 180,000 reasons for that besides the engine swap. I've purchased a Cherokee
" rear axle, and will be able to tell you in a few months what's involved in
" that swap. I do know that the shock mounting stagger is opposite, so I'll
" have to change that. Basically, the AMC 15 is the same axle as the Dana 35,
" but the Dana has one piece axles, and is stronger.

a caveat that just occurs to me: the eagle has 10" rear drums, but
'90-up dana 35s have 9".  otoh a swap to 10" or even 11" brakes should
be possible as the '90-up d35 housing has mopar-standard flanges.

the '90-up also retain their axle shafts with c-clips; the '84-9
don't.  are those shafts also one piece?

all the other axles that cherokees and wranglers can have use 10"
brakes.  btw for axle swap potential the earlier yj wrangler is leaf
sprung but the tj has a 4-link with coils out back.