[AMC-List] The way it is/the way it was

"Financially strapped Ford Motor..."

"Chrysler will lose $1.5 billion..."

"GM can burn through all its cash..."

Welcome to American motors' 2006 "World of Wheels" --- a car show for the American motorists of today and tomorrow.

"If they don't bring out vehicles that fit the market this time, they don't have another shot" (and the independent American motors industry will be as dead as the old Nash-Hudson-AMC firm has been for, well, what, about 20 years?)

Our so-called "Big-3" have now -become- AMC.  Ad nauseum I said they would while no one listened.  No one recalled Pierce, Packard, or Studebaker; no one learned from history.  The accomplishment that had made our American motors the world's undisputed automotive leader seems so sadly squandered: lost in the swirling seas of our own stupidity.

Oh, we'll still rumble on in our '60s muscle cars, purr on in our '30s classics, and drool on over any fresh/retro model Detroit will still be able to sell.  We'll still buy new/old Mustang/Cuda/Camaros; we'll still build old/new T-Bucket/Leadsled/Machines; we'll still moan & groan, buy & drive, wine & dine and live the life large like it was 1906/1926/1966/2006 still.  But we won't be doing it like we once did --- because when -we- have burned through all our cash/credit/accomplishment, there won't be any "us" in the US to still build on.  We/our government/legacy/past won't have another shot.  Will history write: "...like AMC!" then or will anyone still learn, or write, or read any history about any lost American independents?

When your AMC will not be the last independent?

When their USA will have lost its independence?

When all will have lost both energy and future?

When?  When your goose will be as good as mine!

http://tinyurl.com/zryre

I'm still lost in my own stupidity,

http://www.lincoln-highway-museum.org/Miller/FGG-Cover-72a.jpg

http://www.lincoln-highway-museum.org/Miller/FGG-Map-72a.jpg

http://www.lincoln-highway-museum.org/Miller/WSC-75.jpg

(but this boy found his dream: AMC

http://drewmoo.com/images/DoorCounty2002/1967AMCMarlin.jpg

or Wills Sainte Claire will be his

http://drewmoo.com/images/DoorCounty2002/20sWillsStClair.jpg

ride to the future winners' circle)

http://www.classics.com/images01/pb01-09.jpg

I'm still confused by auto history,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/nl/7/77/Cummins_Diesel_1931_02.jpg

http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B26909.jpg

and blinded by old -and- new paint.

http://www.chicagofun.com/racecardisplays/slide6.jpg

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/108422,11352,0,0/photo.aspx

Got yourself a secure job with zero-deductible health insurance?

Got yourself a million-dollar 4-oh-something retirement account?

Got yourself a stash of cash for the gas and a Starbucks coffee?

Then it's nice to know that you're still driving a[n AM] winner!

"Happy Days are Here Again"

http://tinyurl.com/f4tw7

"God Bless America"

Can you remember?