Re: [AMC-List] The Return of Brodsky

> Hi Colin -
>
> I'm here in New Paltz, across the River from your local -
>
> With Racing moved to this side of the River - Middletown NY is the
> place I'd look for an engine rebuilder - Interstate Rte. 84east to
> Middletown - Rte. 17 toward Monticello - first Rte. 211 exit on right
> - off ramp turn Left -at the very least you want a shop that has
> TORQUE PLATES for an AMC / JEEP 360.
>
>    Brien Tourville
>       NEW YORK

Small world - we go hiking out in the mountains behind New Paltz
frequently!  Great advice on Middletown - will check that out - easy to
miss them in our local phone books.  Looking around online, I'm seeing a
ton of places advertising remanufactured 360 long blocks in the $1500-$1700
range.  I have seen some engine jobs go way beyond that, but assuming I can
reuse my pistons and the engine is generally OK, I'm hoping I would be able
to stay a bit below that.  As long as the place has good experience, seems
like the way to go - like the idea of keeping the original engine in it.

-Colin