[AMC-List] You said it!

Odes to stupidity?  Odes to the uneducated?  Odes to the idiots?  What?

Odes to cars!

Including the $115k Matador.  IIRC, it was a coup, maybe with NOS grill.

Needs rebuilt?  No.  For that dough, you'll get a Packard Enigma Encore.

the combination of AMC, Penske, and Donohue was a success because of the quality of all three elements. There was no one item that made any of the other two more special. They all contributed equally and came out on top the fourth and fifth attempt after being right there close almost every prior year, even without Penske and Donohue.
<<

Armand discovered a site I'd long ago posted (too bad there's no big AM bullseye spot where all that sort of info is permanently linked to, huh?); but if "Effort Equals Results" is an ode to pre-success, he might want read that also.

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2006/08/01/hmn_feature19.html

Oh Yeah the American in Iran was a Shaheen
I have a NOS nametag for one of them :)
<<

In Farsi, "shaheen" can mean a) a failure (often via fraud), b) a route to eternal suffering, or c) a broken vessel ; "Shauheen" (also spelled "Shaheen") can mean "falcon" and an alternate spelling of "Shahin" can be a woman's name.  Thus an Iranian Rambler American could be named for a Ford ("Fix or Repair Daily"), for a Ford model, for a Chrysler Corvette (from which their Falcon compact car was to descend --- until a Ford Falcon forced Chrysler to become very "Valiant" instead) --- none of which AMC listers may care about.

http://www.autoweteran.gower.pl/concept/1955_Chrysler_Falcon.jpg

And versions of "Arya" can be no less complex.

http://imp.lss.wisc.edu/~aoliai/languagepage/iranianlanguages.htm

http://www.sacrednarghile.com/narghile/en/wheretosmoke.html

http://www.aryalive.com/Default.asp

>>You know I have never heard of Jalopnik but neat site.

Eddie (and any others who hope to see more than just the same old AMC): there's a world of wonderment out there.  A banquet begging for diners.  Open the door and see what great things the AMC norm (business as usual) has bypassed.

Start your engines and see what flew past the gills above your grilles

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp21.jpg

and blew past the speedlines on the rear fenders of your classic AMXs.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp11.jpg

If you don't like the usage of words that have meaning --- tough luck.

You can carry on and ignore 'em: like Milner did with the '63 "Mystery" and the Marlin; like I even did with the '13 derived from the '12 Delco Cad (but since Frank took the time to write an answer, I will write him back about that), but there's not much drive to do more here when a "Blat!" comes back.  No reason to force air through the 1970 AMC hood blisters

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp23.jpg

or get burned again by the [current set of] "Trendsetting Sidewinders."

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp25.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp19.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp17.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp11.jpg

Hiss, boom, bah.

Why do far too many AMC listers drop the top and drive on in silence?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp15.jpg

Why do far too many simply drive off?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/968/1002/1600/hrp13.jpg

Oh well.  As a welcome change, my last words for today won't be mine.

I could never write such odes so well.

http://music.yahoo.com/track/1114257

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/adam+sandler/ode+to+my+car_20003932.html

You can't fix stupid, STUPID IS FOREVER!!!!!!"
"Doc"
<<