[AMC-List] Trans AM Racing Record Opinions

Message: 15
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 20:13:52 -0500
From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] Javelin Trans Am Racing Record
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Armand said:

 People
can
say what they want about the 1971 and 72 seasons being
given to
Penske/Donohue/AMC because the other factories pulled
out of TA racing,
but
I think it was more that GM and Ford knew there was no
way they could
beat
the unfair advantage that Penske/donohue/AMC had put
together and so
therefore chose to withdraw from what they knew they
couldn't win and
maybe
save a little bit of embarrassment.
What do you think?

Armand

Well, I think Ford proved their point by winning the
hotly contested 1970 season.  They could win with Bud
Moore and their 302 engines which were more "factory"
than the destroked 360 AMC motors.  I'm not a big Ford
fan but you have to face facts.  The 302 was/is a good
motor and a good idea.  Big pistons, short stroke. AMC
missed the boat with their 304.

Just my opinion, mind you.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA