Re: [AMC-List] : AMC Eagle Better than a Corvette?

A: I have been surprised by the looks and comments my '73 J4000 (which is in
pretty sad looking condition)  has generated when I take it to work in the
ritzy area of Bellevue. The common one is "Is that an M715?" to which I
reply "No. That's it's younger little brother". It seems whenever I take it
in (which I don't often do as it is usually full of junk I have been sorting
out or building materials for my cabin) I get one or 2 early H1 owners pop
by to check it out. Some even know about the connection back to Jeep of
their H1s through AMG.
   I'm wondering how they will react to my '84 J10 once it's rolling again?

From: "Jamie Smith" <oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] AMC Eagle Better than a Corvette?
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yesterday at work one of our regular customers came by to show
off his new bright yellow 2000 Corvette. A coworker and I were
standing in the parking lot looking at it when another customer
pulled in. He started walking towards us and Mike started
"puffing up" getting ready to tell the guy all about his
Corvette when suddenly the guy asks "Hey, who owns the AMC Eagle
over there". I told him it was mine and he said "Man, that is a
cool car. I love that car. The 'Vette is ok but I want to own
one of those Eagles". At this point Mike got in his Car and
slammed the door and started to leave. He made it very clear
that he wasn't happy about this other guy saying his Corvette
was "OK" and then oohing and aahhing over my Eagle.

Jamie Smith
Spokane, WA
oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>
1966 Rambler American 220 Station Wagon
1966 Rambler Classic 770 two Door Hardtop
1977 GMC Sierra 3/4 ton Pickup
1984 AMC Eagle Limited Station Wagon
1986 AMC Eagle Station Wagon
1993 Dodge Caravan (pending)