Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 7, Issue 46

Re: [AMC-List] AMC-List Digest, Vol 7, Issue 46

>From: amc-list-request@xxxxxxx
>Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:11:54 -0700
>From: "Jamie Smith" <oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [AMC-List] AMC Eagle Better than a Corvette?

>Yesterday at work one of our regular customers came by to show off his new
>bright yellow 2000 Corvette. A coworker and I were standing in the parking
>lot looking at it when another customer pulled in. He started walking
>towards us and Mike started "puffing up" getting ready to tell the guy all
>about his Corvette when suddenly the guy asks "Hey, who owns the AMC Eagle
>over there". <snip>

I have a similar experiance:

Every yr, I usually go to both car shows at the Daytona Speedway.  In the
spring, the Florida AMC car clubs band together and we have prime parking in
the middle.  But in the fall (which is the bigger show), parking is "pot
luck" as I don't have a group to go with, so just have to find a spot among
the masses of cars.

A couple of yrs ago I went in and found a spot next to this high dollar '32
Ford Coupe with a blown BBC.  Lots of chrome and polish, he had to have
somewhere around $100K into this thing.  I parked next to him in my '69
Rambler (American) that is nice, but certainly not in that league.  I said
"Hi" to him, but he was kinda looking down at me and my car, no big deal.

Through the course of the day, I had as many, if not more, folks that came
by and look at the Rambler as he did for his car.  Lots of old Rambler
stories with all asking if the seats folded down (they don't).  The coupe
guy was kinda miffed; I don't think he understood!

Of course, anyone that will stuff a Cheby motor in a non-Cheby product has a
basic difference in attitude that I do to start with...

Jim Boone
Mims, FL