[AMC-List] Transmission Interchange, INTO 1965 Rambler

[AMC-List] Transmission Interchange, INTO 1965 Rambler

The 196.5 engine I don't know anything about.  On the 65-232 the difference
is the 65 BWM35 has a cable modulator: an adjustable cable attached to the
throttle at the carb runs back to the trans and modulates the shift
pressure, and the 69's had a vacuum modulator, a metal tube which simply
attached to a fitting on the intake manifold runs back to the transmission
modulating the shift pressure.
If the 196.5 used the BW M35, it probably also used a cable modulation
system like the other 65's.
But then there is also the torque tube driveshaft vs standard driveshaft
issue.
Mike