Re: [AMC-List] Educating...Or otherwise known as dumbing down.

Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2006 06:16 PM
From: Arfon <Arfon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>It really gets the GM crowd teary eyed when they discover that their
>infamous 396's were actually made by AMC.

I'm curious, care to explain?
-----------------------------------

It was a joke Arfon! The early AMC 401 used a GM distributor. Just tell
an idiot that GM bought the parts and motor from AMC and he just might
believe you and get a little upset about it. You just have to sound
convincing. The AMC 327 resembles a 396. I straight faced told one guy
that Chevy bought the AMC engine and boredthem out to make the 396
because they already made a small block 327. He bought it hook line and
sinker....  Of course he commented after looking under a hood at a show
that it looked a lot like his Chevy 396, that AMC must have bought it
from Chevy since they bought their engines from everyone else. I managed
to convince him that AMC built that V-8, then couldn't help the fib on
top...