Re: [AMC-List] Educating...Or otherwise known as dumbing down.

Re: [AMC-List] Educating...Or otherwise known as dumbing down.

SNIP
I recently met an older fellow with a 64 American 'vert..  He is
insistant that the 232 engine he has in it is made by Chevy.
SNIP
Naw! He is relating to the GM distributor used, ergo it must be a
Chebbie. This really gets interesting when the 390 with the Chebbie
distributor and the Ford Carburetor tries to get identified, but it
works out good in 1971 when the 401 is the same displacement as the
Chebbie 396 as produced that year. It really gets the GM crowd teary
eyed when they discover that their infamous 396's were actually made by
AMC. I just show them how the distributor parts interchange and they
begin to gnash their teeth and moan a lot.
As far as Methuselah and his memory lapse, well two choices. You can try
to educate him, probably a lost cause OR just explain to him that he is
mistaken, it was actually purchased from British Leyland as part of a
lend lease program and originally powered a Nuffield Tractor. If you can
do it with a straight face that should do the trick
Remember, two can play that game!
John.