Re: [AMC-List] Rust solution

  John, here's another one.
http://www.orisonmarketing.com/corrosion/evaporust/evapo-rust.html
  I have no idea if any of these products work as
claimed, but I issued and used something in the Army
that was simply called "rust remover" that did exactly
that.  You hosed in on in the wash rack with a solvent
gun and a sump, sort of like a big parts washer.  We
would treat those M880 series Dodge pickups all the
time by putting the body on a rotisserie, turning it
upside down, and hosing this stuff into the seams for
abut 24 hours.  Chassis parts from deuce-and-a-half
and 5 ton etc. would take about 4-6 hours of running
solution.  I don't know if these products work as
claimed, but you have seen my Javelin.  It is a
perfect experiment for this stuff.  I'll buy a gallon
of this stuff before Christmas and try it out.  I'm
going to use a simple bathtub/shower insert. Drain out
the normal drain into a aump tank with a pump.  That
will hold a fender or hood, allow the solution to
recirculate and be changed, aimed etc.  In the
meantime, how much does Rust-Mort cost?  I want to try
that also.  My car is a tragedy which I dug out of a
field.  No rot, but someone removed all the exterrior
paint with aircraft stripper, then got bored. They
left all the paint under the hood, door jambs and
engine compartment.  Any place you couldn't walk
around and slap it with a brush. The whole thing is
covered with surface rust. If not for the Sonoran
Desert, this car would have disappeared long since.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/route66rambler/Nashin%20on%20my%20Rambler/the%20Alamosa%20Project/

 At the bottom of the page you'll see two pictures
where I experimented with the SST rally wheels.  For
this I used a $5 bottle of gel in a blue and white 8
oz bottle I bought at Wal-Mart.  The results are
satisfactory enough for a cursory application, but the
elbow grease on this is another matter entirely for a
whole car.
mike