[AMC-List] Beautiful & Quick 71 Javelin AMX for sale

[AMC-List] Beautiful & Quick 71 Javelin AMX for sale

To my friends in cyberspace,
One of the privileges of updating the 71-74 Javelin AMX Registry is that
you sometimes get to meet really neat people and hear about their rides.

In updating the owner information for the 1971 Javelin AMXs I determined
that one of my registered owners had changed his phone number and did
not have an email address. After spending some time on-line with the
white pages for PA, I was able to find Bill Arendes and track him down.
After calling him and updating his data for the Registry he tells me his
car is "up for sale" in mid August. He will not post a price but would
prefer folks call him directly. Please note that I have never met Bill
and have never seen his car. His cell number is 1-717-491-3767.

>From the files that Cliff Danley passed me however I do have a picture
of his car taken in 2004 at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle PA show
and needless to say it is a beautiful car. His car is a 401 Z code,
early 71, 4 speed with Hurst Shifter Comp Plus and black leather seats.
Car is some kind of deep red (doesn't look Matador) with a black T
stripe. Wheels are 8 slot AMC with volcanoes (never had any Rebel
Machine wheels since he has owned it). Everything on the engine and
tranny have been rebuilt. Engine has 275 miles on rebuild. Bill did not
include VIN info or build data plate.

As Bill has no email he sent me a 2 page typed letter to my house with
all the specs and mod's on the engine and tranny. Needless to sat the
list is mighty long. This car has to really be fast based on these
mod's. Without re-typing his entire letter let me give you the
highlights: Exhaust is all new 3" Hooker Headers and Trendsetter pipes;
Suspension is all new; Car also sports A/C, PS, PB, 4:10 gears posi
rear, factory handling package, light group, tinted glass, the "long
console" with center arm rest, and the Go Pack instrumentation. I do see
a functional cowl hood but I do not see a dual snorkle or a flapper box.
I also see both spoilers.

Good luck with this car for anyone out there looking to buy a real 71
Javelin AMX. Let me know if you do buy the car so we can keep the
Registry current with the new owner information. For anyone out there
who hasn't yet signed up for the 71-74 Javelin Registry please do. We
need you and your car in the database.

Thanks,

Jeff Thomas
8936 Rose Hill Dr
Orlando Fl 32818
407-297-9500
Owner of 2 1971 Javelin AMXs (Matador Red and Electric Blue)