[AMC-List] Diary of a crippled white man

[AMC-List] Diary of a crippled white man

Two plus weeks later, Here I sit, waiting.
The good news is it could be worse, but , it could be better too!
I still don't know how long I'll be wearign this neck and back brace. I can't lift anything over 5lbs, for a comparison a gallon of milk weighs about 8 libs, so, I'm not supposed to pick one up! I had my first follow up visit on my Collar bone and it is totally screwed. The two ends no linger line up, One is above the other and there is a loose vertical piece just floating there. They say the loose piece could be a real problem and it will take a ling time to heal if left alone. They want to put a pin in, but won't do so untill Nuerosurgery signs off my back/neck brace being removed as it is in the way. Only 13 days untill I see them to find out if I can do this or have to wait till the neck brace comes off.
  I'm so happy I could just $#!T. My wife is trying to pull strings to get me in sooner, but it doesn't look good.
  I can plan all the car stuff I want, but I can't get squat done. It's too hot to even consider going outside wearing this plastic clamshell. To add insult to injury I have been offered a 97 Cherokee SE, Hit broadside, totalled, 4.0L.Auto, 4wd, Looks brand new inside and out for $1,000. So far I've not committed to buying it, but I'm real tempted. It only has 53,000 miles on it and runs and lot drives with a clear title.
  I paid my 13 year old to scrape the sound deadner off the the inner fenders and front end of the Ambassador. That will help move things along, some day.

For now I wait,
Mark
--
Mark Price