[AMC-List] Telling the difference between V-8 and 6 Gremlin/Hornet/AMX c

[AMC-List] Telling the difference between V-8 and 6 Gremlin/Hornet/AMX crossmembers...

SNIP
Hello:
 Can anyone tell me the difference in a V8 and 6
cylinder Engine K-member in a 1977 Hornet AMX? Eddie
Stakes...
SNIP

<John responds >
The 6 cylinder cross member has 6 cylinder motor
mounts
welded to it while the V8 cross member has 8 cylinder
motor mounts
welded to it.

{ Duh, says Jerry }

< John continues > To the best of my knowledge there
are no separately available engine
mounts to weld on to a cross member....

{ someone IS doing it and selling upgraded 6
crossmembers to work for V-8 applications, but I dont'
remember who  - Jerry }

 < John again > I thought that I had reference to
Javelin/AMX cross members as to
whether they interchanged too, but I can not find it.
Maybe some one else has this information.
Good luck ...John.

{ No, the Javelin won't fit. Supposedly a 1/2 inch
wider, and engine mounts slightly different placement
- Jerry }

 HOWEVER, the main question Eddie asked, and still
didn't get answered, is, HOW do you tell the
difference between the two? SIMPLE - the 6 cylinder
has a flat pad with a single hole in it to the back of
the crossmember, the V-8 has an angled mount on each
side, with one hole and one SLOT in each. The slot is
the critical key to look for, obviously. So in a
nutshell, that's the telling difference, one hole , or
a slot and a hole. No male/female jokes, please! LOL.
There's your answer, Eddie. :)

JErry in Virginia