[AMC-List] Headliners

I am at the point in my restoration where I need to start planning my attack on my headliner. I have a 70 AMX that the usual headliner blues have occured. The fabric has separated from the moulded part. The fabric is in very nice condition and I would love to put it back in. Has anyone on the list done this successfully?
How is the moulded part held in place? Will spray contact cement hold the fabric in place when the roof hits those high temperatures of Summer?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Don