Re: [AMC-List] socks and transports

Regarding the little socks inside the fuel tank, I have run a number of my
cars without them and never had any trouble, but I also run not one, but two
clear fuel filters on my cars that don't have those. My 68 Rebel convertible
"Machine' has run this setup since 1986 and not one problem with the 401.
Tom is right, about the only possibility of something happening is if a
leaf, piece of paper or some foreign object somehow gets into the tank and
cuts off flow. Chances of that however are low unless you have a real Hanes
sock for a gas cap.

On the transports, several things here, if the car runs/drives, be sure to
tell them as a inoperable vehicle usually costs $100-$200 more to ship. Also
tell them "you are willing to wait until a truck comes thru" that is, they
scout to see if any trucks will be coming thru that area and if so, if a
open space, you are in. Sometimes takes 1-6 weeks however but usually drops
the price also. Many shippers also are contract, so like cabbies, will toss
what is thrown at them fare wise.

Here is a list of shippers I put in several of my ebay auctions; CSI here in
Houston has transported over 50 cars for me. I also like Rebel Yell near
Dallas.
CSI Transport 713-451-1515 or FAX 713-453-7889 Ask for Scott
Auto Transport Services Inc. 800-523-7182 or FAX 386-418-0132
Rebel Yell Transport 888-556-5770 or www.rytransport.com
PassPort Transport 800-325-4267; or 314-878-5777 or FAX 314-878-7295

One more thing, with fuel prices near $3, many shippers are charging "fuel
surcharges" so watch that, whether it is shipping a car, or large item like
hood, fender, make sure no hidden mysterious charges there.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx