Re: [AMC-List] Pre-75 I-6 Harmonic Balancer

Re: [AMC-List] Pre-75 I-6 Harmonic Balancer

IIRC the brackets and mounts changed around 1974. PS pump was moved,
brackets bolted to the intake. If it's a pretty basic car you probably
won't notice much difference. Some bolts were made bigger in hte timing
cover to accomodate the bracket changes.

On July 10, 2006 John Elle wrote:

> Michael
> SNIP
> This is the obsolete pre-75 version, that has the
> thinner wall at the back.  Anybody know of a source
> here in Phoenix?
> SNIP
> I have a rebuilt early (I think '73) 232 that I am sitting on as a
> possible spare for my 76 if needed. It has a Harmonic Balancer on it
> along with brackets etc. I have not compared 76 vs '73 configuration
as
> it has not become important yet to do so but if they are truly
different
> than I may have what you want.  I am under the impression that the
one
> on the engine stand and the one in the car are configured the same
so
> brackets etc. along with accessories will interchange.
> The engine has less than 10,000 miles on a rebuild.
> The other suggestion would be to get a hold of Bob Green. He has
> ownership in a restoration body shop and has been known to convert
I-6