Re: [AMC-List] I Shouldn't Have Done It

Convince your son.... who died and left HIM in charge? ;>

Convince him that if you're basically giving him the vehicle, or at
least free use of said vehicle for a while, that it's much better than
walking! When he can afford to pay at least some of the expenses he can
get what he wants -- maybe give him the Jeep at that point so he can
use it for a trade-in. I had no problem telling my daughter she was
getting what we could afford to pay cash for so we wouldn't have to pay
a large insurance bill. If she really likes it that's a plus! So she
drove my mother in laws old 93 Grand Am for a while -- wich she wasn't
real thrilled with. When it was wrecked (she was hit by someone else)
the insurance company totaled it -- had a crumpled fender, headlight
surround, and bumper. If I hadn't been off in Korea I'd have fixed it.
Instead we took the $2000 and spent another $500 on a high mileage
Toyota Corolla, a 2001 model though. It has a little wear, but is still
going strong.

I bought my other daughter a car but she didn't like it much. I told
her to sell it or trade it in on another, it was hers, but don't expect
any more from me! She did, but this time she saved a bit of money,
borrowed some from her mom, and got something she could pay for and
save on insurance. She did the same thing a couple years earlier, but
got talked into a car she was upside down on. Someone ran a stop light
and totaled that car, and she owed $1200 after the pay-off. That's when
I gave her the last car, the 94 Nissan I drove while my Rambler was
being built and I took to Korea. She was just lucky I had the thing --
was planning on selling it when I got back from Korea.

On July 7, 2006 markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My wife told me this morning that she wouldn't have six vehicles
around as we have 5 now. [this started when I asked if she was wanting
to get rid of the Jeep, my mistake!] Anyway, I said, " Really, Who died
and left you in charge"? We were both in a good mood for a change and
it was ll said in good humour, but the wirting is on the wall for the
Jeep if I don't get a move on teaching my son to drive stick! If I'm to
save it from the sales floor I need get him driving a clucth and asking
his mom to keep it! she'll keep it for him. Plus to me it seems rather
short sighted to sell off a vehicle with 62,000 miles and keep one with
120,000 !