Re: [AMC-List] Engine timing

Doc,
An old shop instructor I had in motor mechanics, many, many years ago used to set his timing at idle with a vacuum guage.
Set your timing to the highest vacuum setting you can attain at idle RPM.
He explained that it would give you the best and most reliable idle "tailored to your engine configured the way, you had it."
Don't know if that will work today, but I can tell you it worked then.
Don