Re: [AMC-List] Report from the desert

AMC first started the button as a Mod on sixes in the mid eighties as a repair for knocking due to cam walk. Asd early as 87? IIRC it was standard fair for the six. You should be able to get a bolt button and spring from a dealer or the core pile at your nearest Junkyard. Failing that and real desperate I may be able to let you have one. I know I have one spare. If I have two, I might, I suppose I could be forced, Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink to let you have one.
Any 258 or 4.0L after 87 or so should have one in place, try 90's to be sure.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net