Re: [AMC-List] Wanted Magnum 500s/ Ford Applications

Re: [AMC-List] Wanted Magnum 500s/ Ford Applications

<snip>
Magnum 500 wheels were also used on Ford and Chrysler cars in some cases
almost
identical in trim to the AMC applications
<snip>
Mopar rims will bolt right up to an AMC. '69 and newer Magnums were
painted with bright trim rings.
Previous to '69 they were chromed for all three makes. As I understand
it,
there are subtle differences between AMC and Mopar Magnums: the AMC's
were all
painted including the spokes. The Mopar ones had brushed stainless(?)
spokes.

SNIP
Ford used a smaller hub than AMC and Mopar, so even though the bolt
patterns
are the same, Ford rims won't fit on an AMC (or Mopar).
SNIP

ROSS,
The following information is correct as far as I know. Only some Ford
Application Wheels use the small hub hole, those that I have seen were
from early Falcon's or Falcon related cars.  Most other Ford wheels work
well.
I have used Bronco wheels on my AMC cars and on my Caravan

     Ford - All full size cars '49-'72; '79-'85
              - Fairlane '62-'79
              - T-Bird '55-'71; '77-'79
              - Mustang (5-bolt) '65-'73
              - Maverick 5-bolt all
              - Mustang SVO '85-'86
              - Ranchero '68-'84
              - Aerostar, Probe, Bronco II/Ranger to '89
John.