[AMC-List] Car shows, Cruise Nights And Survivor Cars.

[AMC-List] Car shows, Cruise Nights And Survivor Cars.

I agree with Frank about showing survivor cars. A member on Bart's
Gremlin group was hesitant on attending a local car show with his
survivor Gremlin and after us prodding him he went and had the only
Gremlin and AMC there. He said it was informal judging but his car drew
a lot of attention and in the end it won best Mopar. Needless to say he
was pleased as he had been driving and showing this original survivor
that I believe his mother bought new for 10 years now. I picked up a
trophy 2 1/2 years ago at the local AMC show with my orange Hornet when
I first bought it. It had dull paint, a cooked interior, sagging springs
and needed a heap of mechanical work. My other Hornet a long time work
in progress also took a trophy a few years ago at the local cruise
night. Like Frank said most ordinary Joe's appreciate an original
survivor or a work in progress. Usually I have the only AMC at the local
cruise nights. When I first bought the orange car I took it unwashed to
a cruise night that I went to with the yellow Hornet. The organizers saw
it coming without seeing who was driving it and later told me that when
they saw the car they new it was me. It was parked between a mint 69
Chevelle SS396 and a beautiful blown bb Chevy powered 39 Chevy coupe.
The owner of the Chevelle was annoyed that the Hornet got more attention
than his car. They haven't seen the car in over 2 years. Weather
permitting I may go monday. Wait till they see it now? If you got them
show them and let the Ford, Chevy and Mopar guys know AMC may be gone
but their cars are still popular with the dare to be different guys like
us.
The Orange car also won a trophy at the AMC show last sunday and those
people had not seen the car for 2 years. The promoter of the show was
the guy that helped me get this car and save it. If I didn't buy it some
local towing company owner was going to buy it and cut it up and make a
race car out of it and it probably would end up in the crusher as an
unfinished project.
 "Doc"