Re: [AMC-List] 64 rambler AC & "R" mirror wanted

Andrew wrote:
From: andrew hay <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
" From: "Rick Ennis"  <regency01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Wanted: Factory A/C underdash unit and parts to upgrade my 64 Rambler
" american convertible.

dunno if you're going for original, but i've seen a few early ramblers
done with modern sanden rotary compressors, even a '64 196.  dunno
details about mounting save that the brackets had to be fabbed but
weren't hard, but their advantages are several: sandens are relatively
cheap and easy to find even in v-belt form, and they take only a
fraction [i've heard 1/3] of the hp the old york compressor takes.
this is a big deal on the old sixes.

you of course still need the factory underdash unit; everything else
but it can also be easily subbed with modern parts.
I agree, as many times there are places in one's area that retrofit slimline
AC systems into old cars, like 32 Vicky's, 40 Plymouths, and otherspre-AC.
And everything else under hood is fabricated, and many will usea Sanyo AC
compressor, about the size of a Foster beer can. AC used thoseon later model
Eagles; I'm not sure what year it started, but both my 82& 88 Eagle have
them from factory. The 81 don't but it is a non-AC car.You might contact
some of the automotive AC specialsts in your area,possibly if there is a AMC
or Rambler chapter, get ahold of them (on mylinks section of website) and
see if they can point you in direction locallythat is unless you want all
stock behind dash stuff. It won't be easy to installeither, if I recall,
Rambler had a metal frame dash?

On the mirror, check these out:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=rambler+mirror

Eddie Stakes'