Re: [AMC-List] 10 inch front brake drums wanted

Re: [AMC-List] 10 inch front brake drums wanted

Why in the world would you want to put used brake hardware and shoes on
your car (wheel cylinders fall into that category as well)? That stuff
should be readily available (and relatively inexpensive, at least compared
with major body work to you and your car if it fails and you crash). There
are lots of places you can shave money off of projects but brakes should
not be one of them.

Matt

At 02:48 PM 5/27/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>If anyone on the list is changing out their 10 inch front drums and shoes to
>disc brakes, I would like to get the old parts you are disposing of (if they
>aren't all worn out). I need the drums, backing plates, spindles(?) shoes,
>springs, adjusters, and all that stuff associated with the drum brakes.
>Contact me off list and we can try to make a deal fair to both of us.
>
>Jay Ciampi
>
>jciampi@xxxxxxxx

>or go to http://www.amc-list.com

mhaas@xxxxxxx