Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 10:23, d stohler wrote:
> what car would i look to for getting an anti sway bar front and rear?

For the rear, I don't know if there ever was a factory part for the
early cars.

If anyone's used the ADDCO's available from Summit (and others) I'd love
to hear about their experience; I want to add one to my 70 Hornet
(eventually).

In front, a lot of Ramblers that vintage, even 10 and 80 cars, had no
front anti-roll bars -- my '63 doesn't.

I've done a *tiny* bit of ad hoc research; for the 'big car' the front
anti-roll are all the same EXCEPT: different diameters, and possibly
clearance bends (eg. steering box, etc) from 62-67? Around 67 the
chassis, and suspension, narrowed about an inch.

I think 62 - 65, 10 and 80 chassis will fit the 62 classic. Larger
diameters are stiffer, of course, but if you ain't got one at all,
anything is stiffer than empty holes.