Re: [AMC-List] Eagle exhaust questions

I don't believe anything that is factory fit is available for the Eagles.
A lot depends on what you need to accomplish as you can make up most of the system from aftermarket parts depending on emissions laws in your area. That would be my first step, to figure out exactly what is needed to make it legal. Yes you can eliminate most of the AIR system, but with the older carb system you run the risk of plugging catalytic converters due to improper light off times and not enough oxygen in the mix to burn cleanly.
   There are a lot of people on thislist who probably have a better handle on this then me, But if I was building a driver Eagle, I'd go with a nice Basic Howell TBI injection system and a free flow cat if emissions regulations will allow it in your area. Forget the BBD feedback carb.
   Alos as a possible solution, years ago Hotrod did an article on the AIR injection system on a bigblock car they built. They gave the numbers of some GM air inlet valves that opened at very low suction without an AIR pump. They used these mounted on the firewall with small K&N type filters to allow air to be drawn into the cat. I'm sorry I don't have the numbers for these valves. You can find Generic stuff to rebult the system if you need to go that route.

Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV