[AMC-List] AIM dead???

Not yet, but it's going soon! For the tenth anniversary there will be a change in the title -- either to "AMC Magazine", "American Motors Magazine", or "American Motors Cars". I haven't quite decided yet. With this change I'm thinking a new cover and some format changes might be in order, though I'm honestly happy with the current cover and format. Some of you, however, might have some better or different ideas. Why? Well, when AIM was first launched, there I had the idea of bringing other small makes into the fold, creating a magazine about and for all the independent makes to small for a real magazine of their own. That never materialized -- I never found anyone interested in writing for any of the other makes on a regular basis. I wanted a name that would fit both AMC (as the last big independent US auto maker) and would serve multi make coverage as well. Since that didn't pan out, it's about time to make sure everyone knows this is an AMC only magazine!

So I'm going to have a contest! What I'd like to do is get cover and format ideas from readers and AMC-List/AMC Forum members. Just make up a sample cover and/or 2-3 pages of a sample interior/article with your ideas. There won't be one winner, but up to four. I'm not likely to use just one cover design, but blend ideas from the supplied designs with those of my own and/or other submitted designs. So the end result is likely to be an amalgamation of the entries.

The rules are simple:
1. Contestants may submit a sample of a cover, interior/article layout, or both. The cover can also include a new title -- "AMC Magazine", "American Motors Magazine", "American Motors Cars", or a new idea.
2. Each individuals entry will be considered as a whole, not as two entries -- only one prize per person.
3. Designs must fit 8.5"x11" pages with a 1/4" margin (printed size 8"x10.5").
4. Entries will be received by e-mail (use subject "AIM Contest") or U.S Mail. Electronic entries must be in Word or PDF format. (For a free PDF creator that will work with any program, go to www.pdf995.com). Mailed entries should be printed in color and sent to:
  FARNA/AIM Contest
  574 Roberta Avenue
  Dover, DE 19901-4646
5. Entries must be received by 01 October 2006. Winners will be announced by 01 November 2006.

So what's the prize? First prize is one of the 100 year Rambler/50 year AMC Anniversary Keychains I had made a year ago, plus a year of AIM. Second prize is a year of AIM, and 3-4 is two issues of AIM -- back issues or new, winner's choice.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent