[AMC-List] Creative engineering has always fascinated me, OTS

[AMC-List] Creative engineering has always fascinated me, OTS

Yesterday I drove my Spirit (obligatory AMC reference) up to Apache
Junction to check on the progress of the replacement transmission in my
Chrysler T&C (obligatory function required when owning a MOPAR van) when
a fellow drove in driving what looked like a Harley Davidson boat tailed
roadster Trike! This was an eye full to say the least. There was a body
with a seat on it and a Harley Fork on the front but in back the body
had a boat tailed trunk, the axles were covered by body flares and set
right on the back was a Harley V twin sitting sideways. This was also
odd and also an eye full. Turned out he had mated a Harley V twin to a
Volkswagen automatic transmission transaxle.  This thing had to be seen
to be believed. Sorry this is not all an AMC report, this was a cleverly
done package. Of course typically the comments were positive on the
Spirit along with the statements that an AMC car had not been seen for
years.
Had to mention this.
John.